Quality, Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (QHSSE) Policy
HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY, ENVIRONMENT and QUALITY (HSSEQ)
New Subsea Technology AS (NST AS) have a systematic approach to health, safety, security, environment and quality management to achieve continuous performance improvement and aims to play an industry leading role in promoting best practice and committed to achieving Goal Zero. To achieve Goal Zero NST employees share a set of core values and the need for trust, respect, openness, teamwork and professionalism.
NST AS is committed to achieving excellence in all its business activities, including health, safety, environmental & quality performance. New Subsea Technology’s over-riding goal is to operate in environmentally and socially responsible ways and thereby commit to:
• Do no harm to people
• Protect the environment
• Comply with all HSSEQ laws and regulations
To demonstrate this commitment, we report HSE performance publicly and regularly.
Humanity, we look after the safety and well-being of ourselves and others impacted by what we do.
Integrity, we do what we say we will do and what we cannot do.
Competence, in everything we do, with pride in what we do and how we do it.
NEW SUBSEA TECHNOLOGY AS EXPECTATIONS
NST AS operations and facilities operate with the necessary permits, approvals and controls that are designed to protect health, safety, the environment and ensure the quality of the activities we carry out.
NST AS set targets for improvement and agree measures by which we appraise and report performance. We also take responsibility for fostering awareness and responsible behavior amongst our suppliers, partners and customers.
NST AS aim to provide a safe, secure and healthy working environment for all their employees, and suppliers. We believe that all accidents and occupational illnesses and injuries are preventable.
NST AS companies develop and use energy resources, products, materials and services consistent with the goals outlined above and are committed to contribute to sustainable development.
NST AS, joint ventures and alliance partners are expected to commit to the same levels of HSSEQ protection as NST AS.
• Follow the Golden Rules
• Comply with the law, standards and procedures
• Intervene in unsafe or non-compliant situations
• Respect our neighbours
• Make sure you are familiar with the laws, regulations, policies, and procedures that apply to your job
• Comply with the requirements of the HSSEQ management system at your place of work
• Make sure you handle and dispose of hazardous materials properly and safely
• Alert your supervisor or manager immediately to any situation which involves the discharge of a hazardous substance or which could potentially harm people or damage the environment
• Use personal protective equipment required for the task you are undertaking
• Follow your organization’s procedures for making immediate reports of workplace injuries, unsafe work practices or conditions, or any other type of safety or environmental hazard
• Follow your organization’s procedures for making immediate reports of breaches of HSE laws or NST HSE requirements
• Only carry out tasks for which you are trained, competent, medically fit and you are sufficiently rested and alert
Thor Andre Løvoll
CEO, New Subsea Technology AS